This page explains how to get an API key for Bitfinex's transaction history.
Attention (as of January 27, 2022):
API connection is only supported for SPOT Trades. For other trades, please upload them separately as custom trades.
If the transactions fetched via the API and the transactions in the downloaded file are different, we cannot determine which is more accurate. Please check the transaction details thoroughly after they are fetched via the API. If you find any missing transactions, please send us the downloaded file and the API details via the Support button at the bottom right. We will check the details.
■How to get API Key
1. After logging in, click on the Person icon at the top right and select "API Keys".
2. Click "Create New Key", make sure you only enable Account History's "Get historical balances entries and trade information", and click "Generate API key".
* Please keep all other items disabled.
3. Enter your 2FA code to proceed.
4. You will receive a confirmation email to your registered email address. Click "CREATE API KEY" button in the email.
5. Take note of your API key and API secret.
* The API key and API secret are displayed only once upon creation. Please copy them and keep them somewhere safe. If you miss this opportunity, you will have to create another API key.
Add API connectivity to Bitfinex
Add API connectivity to Bitfinex by entering the generated API key and secret via Connect to your exchanges.
Please note that we will not be held responsible for any damages caused by unauthorized use or other accidents due to API connections. When connecting, please be sure to use the API key specified by us.