This page explains how to fix invalid transactions in DeFi. For information on how to fix invalid transactions in non-DeFi, or general information on what invalid transactions are, please refer here.
- How to handle "Price for xxxx was not available at YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" scenario
- How to handle "Over-sell: Trade volume exceeds previous position" scenario
The "Repair Ledger" button (Ledger Repair Wizard) can be used to fix invalid transactions in non-DeFi, however, it does not handle invalid transactions in DeFi.
For more information on how to use the "Repair Ledger" button (Ledger Repair Wizard), please refer here.
To fix invalid transactions in DeFi, please click the relevant trade in the Transactions tab (trades that are highlighted in red), and follow the below steps to fix it.
2. How to handle "Price for xxxx was not available at YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" scenario
・In order to calculate the pnl in your reporting currency (the default is JPY), Cryptact needs the price for the reporting currency (counter currency) also. This type of invalid transaction occurs when Cryptact does not have the price for your counter currency at the time of your transaction.
・This type of invalid transaction also occurs when you receive a Bonus in a currency that Cryptact does not support.
＜HOW TO HANDLE＞
For DeFi, Cryptact currently does not support manually editing price data. Please handle this type of invalid transaction by manually uploading custom trades using Defi tokens.
* When you have manually uploaded separate custom trades, to avoid duplicate transactions, please update the original DeFi's transaction type to "Fee Only" and synch.
* Even when Cryptact starts supporting the relevant coins, as long as the transaction type remains "Fee Only", these transactions are excluded from the PNL calculation.
* You can also change your setting so that the price is set to 0 JPY when the price data is not available. For more details, please refer to here.
3. How to handle "Over-sell: Trade volume exceeds previous position" scenario
・An over-sell is when your transaction is attempting to sell more of a cryptocurrency than you currently own at the time. In the above example, you are selling 0.21 BNB but you currently own only 0.1331575774 BNB. This sell transaction is considered "Over-sell" and becomes invalid.
・The most likely cause for this is that there are gaps in your transaction history. We provide this invalid transaction checking to help you find these instances of missing data. Your ledger is neither accurate nor complete if you are missing previously executed transactions. We attempt to make sure you are using the most reliable set of data for your reporting by providing this functionality.
＜HOW TO HANDLE＞
For this type of invalid transaction, first, make sure you have uploaded all of your data (including both DeFi and non-DeFi). In particular, if you have traded on exchanges that Cryptact does not support, or if you have traded transaction types that Cryptact does not support, please check if they are included in the ledger.
If you are missing transaction data (in the above example, a Bonus transaction for 0.08 BNB on November 10, 2021 is missing), please upload them as custom trades.
Once the missing transaction data is uploaded and the transaction is no longer over-selling, the transaction becomes valid automatically.
＜For your reference: About marginal flip transactions＞
For very small over-sell violations (less than 100 JPY), Cryptact can automatically set the trade size to be equivalent to your position immediately prior, such that the result is a complete closure of your position. You will see an adjustment indicator on your transaction, and this adjustment will impact the PNL calculation.
You can turn on/off marginal flip transactions and you can also adjust the threshold in your settings menu. For more details, please refer here.