This page will explain how to use our API connectivity with exchanges.
If the transactions fetched via the API and the transactions in the downloaded file are different, we cannot determine which is more accurate. Please check the transaction details thoroughly after they are fetched via the API. If you find any missing transactions, please send us the downloaded file and the API details via the Support button at the bottom right. We will check the details.
■How to use API connectivity
1. From the Ledger screen, click "Add transactions" in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click "Connect to your exchanges".
3. Choose the exchange that you want to connect with. The below example is for BYBIT.
* We also have articles that explain how to get the API keys for each exchange. Please refer to here.
4. Click "Add a key for Bybit".
5. Add the API key.
① Fill in the "API key" and "Secret key" for the API key you created at the exchange.
②"Subaccount name": In most cases, it can be left blank (please specify if you use subaccounts). * Some exchanges don't support subaccounts.
"Sync from a custom timestamp": If you turn on the toggle, you can specify a datetime. It is useful when leveraging both files and API for trade history.
* If you already have a trade history that you uploaded using the files, the system would only fetch any new trades that took place after the timestamp via the API to avoid duplicate trades.
"Endpoints": Check the tickboxes for the trade types that you have traded.
* Please note that you cannot change this setting after the API connection is established. If you need to change it, you would need to re-establish a new connection.
③ Click "Submit".
6. Check to make sure that the trade history is successfully uploaded via the API!
If the API sync completes successfully, a green cloud icon is displayed. You can also check the last sync time.
If the API sync fails for whatever reason, a red cloud icon is displayed. Please click "Endpoints" to show the reason for the failures.
7. When you have new trades, click "Sync" to upload them to the system.
Please note that new trades are not uploaded automatically. You need to "Sync" whenever you have new trades.
In addition, some exchanges have an expiry on their API and you are required to create a new API key periodically.
■How to get API keys from different exchanges
Connect to your exchanges from here.